- Music Creators have 12 Week or 11 Week Terms, which can be longer than the Queensland State School’s term and music lessons be conducted during school holiday period. It is student and parent’s responsibility to check the term dates prior to enrolling for the term.
- All term fees must be paid in full for the term.
- Fees are to be paid in advance for each term no later than the first week of the term. A late fee of 5% will apply to late payments. With the exception of the first term of each school year, invoices for each term are issued during the second last week of the term prior.
- All the lessons are not refundable.
- If tuition is cancelled prior to the end of a term, no refund will be given for the lessons remaining to the end of that term.
- If you have paid for the trial lesson, you will receive a $30 Music Creators Online Shop gift voucher once the Term lesson fee is paid in full.
- Each term’s invoice will include an $8 Administration Fee and Teaching Resources Levy. This is a flat rate to cover the cost associated with administration, extra teaching material, teaching equipment/musical equipment and their maintenance, stationery, photocopying and printing.
Cancellation Policy (Individual Lessons)
- If an individual lesson is to be cancelled, 24 hours notice must be given. Where notice is given, a make-up lesson will be arranged. Lessons missed without adequate notice will be charged for.
- Where a timetabled lesson coincides with a statutory public holiday, such lesson will take place as it would if there were not a public holiday. The standard 24 hour rule applies for cancellations during holiday periods.
- When booking your make-up lessons, please take note that if you are unable to attend your booked make-up lessons for any reason you will forfeit that lesson. Make-up lessons cannot be changed or moved once they have been booked.
- Make-up lessons cannot be used as credits for future lessons.
- Make-up lessons automatically expire after each School Term.
- Make-up lessons will not be scheduled if you are not currently booked in or if you have overdue/outstanding lesson fees.
- Permanent bookings take priority over make-up lessons and we reserve the right to reschedule your make up in this instance.
- Make-up lessons might be scheduled with another qualified teacher of the same instrument on a different day according to the time available for the week.
- Music school will have a substitute teacher for our students when their teacher is ill or away. Otherwise, student’s lesson will be rescheduled.
Cancellation Policy (Early Childhood Music Group Class)
- A two (2) weeks notice in email writing is required if students cannot attend their lesson and wish to exchange for a Music Creators Gift Voucher of equal value for the lesson missed. Failing to do so, the missed lesson will be forfeited and charged for. (Music Creators Gift Voucher can be used for the purchase of instruments, books, accessories, and gifts from Music Creators store in Underwood)
- No make-up lessons will be provided if students, for any reasons, could not attend their lessons. Due to the following reasons:
- The class will proceed as usual;
- Each class is specially tailored for the students within the group;
- Having an additional student from another class for make-up lessons will affect the progress of the class;
- There is limited space for activities in the classroom.
- If, for any reason, the school needs to cancel a lesson, either 1) a lesson credit will be issued to the student for the following term; or 2) the school will arrange an extra class with the same students as a replacement class.
- Where a timetabled lesson coincides with a statutory public holiday, such lesson will take place as it would if there were not a public holiday.
- Please ensure that the student brings ALL their music books and learning material to each lesson.
- Parents are welcomed to stay during the lesson, but please turn off all mobile phones.
- Please wash your hands and cut your fingernails before coming to the lesson.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the studio and waiting area.
- Any notes, videos or sound recordings of the lesson require permission from the teacher.
- It is the student's responsibility to attend lessons on time. No extra time will be given if the student arrives late. This is to ensure that the next student starts his/her lesson on time.
- If parents wish to have discussion with the teacher, please advise the teacher before the lesson begins.
- Lessons will be arranged by the school in accordance with the Music Creators’ School Terms, however during the school holiday special arrangements can be made should the need arise.
- The lessons will be timetabled using the best means to suit both the requirements of the students and the availability of the teaching staff.
- It is the student's responsibility to attend lessons on time. No extra time will be given if the student arrives late to ensure the next students starts on time.
- Teachers may recommend their students for any appropriate examinations; however, students will not be entered without their consent and the consent of a parent/guardian.